Thank you for your interest in joining the Portland chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM). SIM International is the leading professional organization for IT Leaders.
Chapter membership gives you the opportunities to dialogue with interesting speakers on a variety of pertinent IT topics, network with fellow IS professionals, and partake in the many opportunities of SIM International.
To qualify for SIM membership, individuals must fall into one of the following categories:
1. Senior managers in government, not-for-profit, public or private organizations who are either:
o Corporate/Division/Entity Head of IT organization, or
o IS Management Staff, report to the head of IT, in a key management role, as certified by the head of the organization.
2. Academic: Full-time faculty members making a significant contribution to the IS field.
3. Service Providers, Vendors, or Consultants: National/Regional Office Leaders: Leading individuals and other experts from consulting firms and other service/vendor organizations who serve information managers and directly contribute to the IS profession. Generally not Sales, Business Development nor Marketing oriented roles; but strategic advisors and leaders of the regional or national practice/office. Please note that SIM adheres to a strict policy against any marketing or commercial activities and, therefore, will only accept sales and marketing representatives to its membership through the Vendor & Service Provider program. For this membership category there are certain requirements that will need to be satisfied by the qualified applicant prior to being accepted as a new chapter member.
4. Non-IS Executives: Senior business executives whose primary responsibility is not IT who play a key role in the use of IT in their organizations (i.e. CEOs, CFOs).
5. Other Leaders: Leaders in shaping and influencing law and government policy in areas of professional concern to information managers.
6. Regional Learning Forum (RLF) participants receive an automatic two-year SIM membership.
The chapter board will vote upon candidates for membership. Click here to complete your application.